I met some new people at a Walter Reed Auxiliary (Army spouses club) wine tasting event (the event where I won all those prizes!). Apparently, some of the ladies I met get together regularly to knit and have tea. I was invited and went for the first time last week. It was so fun!
What's great is that all the ladies are all around my age and have small children. During the "knit teas," they have a nanny and babysitters who watch the kids in another room and outside. The knit tea is only for 90 minutes, but the moms use this time to chat, knit, and have tea. They use it as a break from the kids to have adult conversation... it was refreshing. What's funny is that the conversation almost always ended up being about our kids ;0)
Of course, I don't know how to knit, but they assured me they would teach me. I got the hang of it right away and am looking forward to learning the craft. One of the ladies said she started going less than a year ago and is now working on a cardigan for her daughter. I'm still in the process of practicing the knitting part. Hopefully, once I get the hang of it, I can start on a project.
Can you guess what you are all getting for Christmas?
2 comments:
Robin started knitting not that long ago and has made some great hats for her family, made a really cool felted bag for herself, and lots of other fun things.
Crocheting is fun and fast too-if you end up enjoying knitting.
I can't wait until I get good enough to start a project. I'll probably start off with something simple, like a blanket or something. A hat seems too complicated now!
Post a Comment