Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 25

Month 6 (weeks 25-28), our little Mia is now the size of an Eggplant, one of my favorite vegetables!

According to the "Ultimate Man Guide to Baby Sizes" our little Mia is also as long as a men's Boot.


Week 25, check!  Now that I'm well into my 6th month of pregnancy, Jimmy and I are really stepping up our game and preparing for this baby.  Jimmy put together the crib and changing table this week, so the nursery is actually starting to look like one.  We've also purchased several big baby items: stroller, pack n play, car seat, and bath tub.  We're still trying to decide on a bouncy (Baby Bjorn or Maclaren?) and baby carrier/sling (Baby Bjorn or Ergo?).  After that, I think we're pretty much set on the preliminary necessities.  We are also considering using cloth diapers, so we've been putting a lot of time and effort into researching that and making a decision.  We at least want to try it out and see if it fits in with our lifestyle.

We don't want to go crazy with all the baby stuff.  (Although, it's soooo hard to hold back because baby shopping is so fun!) Our plan is to get the basics and if we find that we need something after the baby is born, then we'll go out and get it as we need it.  Being first time parents, that may be a naive plan, but we just don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff that we don't need! 

We found an awesome store appropriately called, Buy Buy Baby.  Although it has a stupid name, they have great baby items there.  We pretty much stopped going to Babies R Us once we found this place.  They have better quality stuff and a better selection.  The stroller and car seat Jimmy picked out (after hours of research) wasn't even sold at Babies R Us, but Buy Buy Baby had them both!  We decided to register there... http://www.buybuybaby.com/.

Another reason we've been starting early with all the baby preparations is our schedule is jam packed!  We've been so busy with guests coming to visit about every other weekend since Jimmy got back in April.  After this weekend, the Lehman Bed and Breakfast will also be hosting friends and family every weekend until after July 4th!  It's funny how we only move 3 hours north and we've had more visitors in the last four months than we've had since Jimmy joined the Army! 

Of course, we love all the company!  We've seen friends that we haven't seen since college (8 years ago) and have been able to keep in touch with our friends nearby at Fort Lee.  In addition, lots of Jimmy's Army buddies come through Walter Reed on occasion to get medical care and there are lots of Army posts in the DC area which give us lots of opportunities to reconnect with our Army friends.  I guess lots of people pass through DC, so we are in a great location. We even have friends moving to the area!  Once Mia is born, it will be even better because she'll be able to meet so many people that have touched our lives over the years.

Week 26 belly shot
I already feel huge...I still have to get through the whole summer!


I usually try to give myself a pedicure every 2 weeks or so. Well, this week, something strange happened... my belly has grown so large that I had a hard time bending over to touch my toes! Yikes! I almost had a breakdown, but was able to get the job done. At the rate I'm going, I think that might be my last do-it-yourself pedicure for a while. Jimmy did bring up the fact that there are always pregnant people at the nail salon getting pedicures, now I know why!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You should ask Robin about her experience with cloth diapers. She is using them with Lena. They are much cuter these days than when we were babies!