Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baby Mia

It's a GIRL!

Amelia Jane Gadingan Lehman





My ultrasound was yesterday and we are proud to announce that we are having a baby girl. We are thrilled, excited, surprised, happy, and everything else in between. We both secretly wanted a girl (but would have been happy with a boy), so we feel so very blessed with our little Mia.

The ultrasound was an interesting experience. The nurse was having a hard time getting pictures because little Mia was moving the whole time. She wouldn't sit still! The worst was that they make you drink 32 ounces of water before the appointment and you can't pee. I was dying; I needed to pee so badly during the appointment! It was hilarious because the nurse was like, "There's the baby's foot, oh, and there's your bladder... and that movement is your baby kicking your bladder!" I thought I was going to pee all over the table!

We happily counted fingers and toes, arms, legs, and examined the kidneys, heart, brain, etc. She is looking good and her heart rate was 154 bpm and she now weighs about 1.1 pounds.

The nurse asked us if we wanted to know the gender and we definitely said yes! Of course, as soon as she said girl, I cried so hard... I'm such a nerd. Jimmy was smiling from ear to ear. As soon I regained my composure, Jimmy and I did a fist bump and started laughing. It was a great moment.

The gender test was wrong... I want my money $29.99 back!

Today, May 1st, is actually our 15 year anniversary.  After a year of being "just friends," Jimmy made the bold move and "asked me out" on this day 15 years ago.  On that note, we've had our baby names picked out for about 10 years, ha ha ha.  It's funny how you think about something for so long and amazing when is actually happens.  I can't tell you all how blessed and lucky we are in life.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself because life is and has been so good for us.

No comments: