Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Preschool, Time of Your Life

Next week is Amelia's last week of three year old preschool.  I have mixed emotions.  When I think about it, I always hear that Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) song by Green Day in my head.  Cheesy, I know, but it just keeps happening, ha ha.  Seriously though, I'm an emotional mess.

I feel so happy and proud of Amelia for adjusting and thriving in school.  She has developed close relationships with her classmates and teachers and even has two official BFFs, Alexis and Ethan.  

She has always been a smart child.  It's her emotional and social growth that has been amazing.  She is still generally very sensitive and anxious, but she has really come out of her shell.  She is a different person than she was at the start of the school year.  Her personality is blossoming, growing, and I'm really starting to get a sense f what type of person she'll grow up to be.  It's exciting. 

I only feel sadness that this specific time in her life is over.  She is just getting older and time does go by so fast.  I try to relish in these moments: our silly conversations, her attempt at telling jokes, and her ability to have a meltdown for no logical reason.  But most of all, the questions... why, why, why?  Her little brain is on overload trying to understand everything she sees and feels.  

I keep telling myself that new and exciting things are to come, but I will still miss this specific time of her childhood.  I know she's only three, but she's only three once!

We are looking forward to a laid back summer.  Next Fall Amelia will be attending the same preschool, but she will be a Koala Bear, which is the four year old class.  Because of Alex's January birthday, he won't be able to start three year old preschool until Fall 2015.

Here are a few posts from the beginning of the school year:

Miss Christina, Jaiden, Alexander, Noah, Blaine, Ethan, Amelia, Uryiah, Jackson (not pictured, Alexis)

Amelia, 3.5 years

No comments: