Amelia was up and ready to go this morning. She wanted to wear her blue dress with her heart sparkly shoes. When I was fixing her hair, she kept reminding me that she needed special princess preschool hair today.
She carefully picked two special (stuffed) friends to stay in her backpack for comfort. She chose Ellie the elephant (of course) and her new Princess Sophia doll. Then she said good bye to all her stuffed friends in her room. "Bye guys, I'm going to preschool."
She was super excited when we arrived in the parking lot and walked into her classroom. It wasn't until we had to leave that she started crying. "But mommy, I need you" and "I need my daddy" were hard to hear when she got so upset. She ran to the door and was still crying when we left. It was heartbreaking.
After I cried in the car for a few minutes, I stopped by to get a much needed coffee. To keep my mind off the situation, Alex and I ran some errands before heading home. When I couldn't take it any longer, I called the preschool to check on Mimi. They said she was doing great. I was so relieved, proud, sad, ugh... so many emotions.
"P is for preschool mommy."
Showing off her new Hello Kitty backpack
Amelia is officially three! We changed her age on her bedroom door today. "Wow mommy, I'm three today! It's my birthday and I'm three!"
Walking into her new classroom
Saying goodbye to daddy.
"I need my daddy."






No comments:
Post a Comment