Mondays are busy a day for our family. Right after breakfast, the kids and I go to the library for family story time. Amelia's favorite part of story time is the songs and finger plays. She's getting to the age where she can sing, dance, and follow a long and it's so cute!
At the library, we always visit Grandma Louise. She is a retired woman who does crafts/art projects with the kids. Amelia really enjoys arts and crafts and Grandma Louise is very creative. I'm not very crafty, so I'm glad Amelia can do different art projects other than what little we do at home.
The library also has a large play area with toys and, of course, books, so we usually hang out there to play and read. We stay at the library all morning! It's such a great place... even better than the one we used to go to in DC.
By the time we leave, it's already lunchtime. Alex usually falls asleep in the car on the way home, so Amelia and I have a little tradition of stopping by Sonic to get ice cream. We order and eat in the van while Alex sleeps. I crawl to the back and sit with Amelia and we feed each other ice cream ;0)
Once we get home, we do lunch and afternoon naps. Jimmy gets off work a little early and we meet up with him at Fort Campbell and he takes Amelia to gymnastics. Alex and I usually stay to watch. I like to bring him down to the mat area so he can crawl and play too.
Once gymnastics is over, we head home for Lehman Pizza Night. Not only does Amelia get to eat pizza and chocolate milk, we all eat in the living room and watch Sesame Street. Amelia absolutely loves it. TV and pizza, what more could a toddler want?
Mondays are busy, but it's a great way to start off the week!
**Sorry for all the pictures of the back of Mimi's head, ha ha. When I have Alex, it's pretty much the only angle I can take a picture from.
Good Bye Song at story time...
The kids are allowed to go up front with the librarian, but Amelia likes to stay with me.
She says the same thing every week:
"Money, I found Mickey Mouse. Look at that! He's up high. Can I hug him? I want to hug him. Bring him down please."
Craft Time with Grandma Louise






No comments:
Post a Comment