The nursing is going well, thankfully. As most of you know, I struggled with Amelia for the first few months. Thankfully, I stuck with it and was able to nurse her until she was 14 months.
With Alex, things have been going much more smoothly. He has a good latch and is a voracious eater. He's six months, but still likes to nurse every two hours. We started solids this week, so we'll see if that makes any difference on his nursing schedule. I'm going to try to nurse him until he's about one year old.
The only issue I've had is clogged milk ducts. I attribute that fact to a toddler who likes to horse play and my gym workouts. I've managed to unclog them all on my own and nurse through the pain. No mastitis, yay! Much to my delight, I recently found special sports bras for nursing mothers. They are (not surprisingly) waaaaay overpriced, but I've been using one for two weeks now and it's been totally worth it. I wish I had known about them earlier.
I started taking fitness classes, step and weight lifting, at the gym shortly after moving here. It has been awesome to get back into a workout routine. Before we had kids, I would spend hours at the gym. Now, I'm lucky to get a few hours in a week, but I'll take what I can get!
Jimmy and I have figured out how to carve gym time for me twice a week. He knows how important it is to me so we brainstormed and came up with a plan. I load up the kids in the van and drive to the gym. Jimmy meets me there after work and we switch cars. He goes home with the kids, feeds them dinner and does baths while I work out. By the time I get home, I've only been gone for two and a half hours. That's just enough time between feedings for Alex and I get home right before our pre bedtime dance party ;0)
Jimmy is such a supportive husband. I probably would have had several nervous breakdowns since our move to Tennessee, but he is my rock. He does all he can to make me happy. What more can you ask for? I feel so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment