Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fresh Air

My mom often talks about the many benefits of fresh air for a home and health. Her teachings is one of the main reasons I try to take the kids out every day and open the windows when I can to let all the freshness in.

The house had been feeling stuffy and we have been battling multiple illnesses for a while, so I was so happy when the weather allowed us to open all the windows. After a morning of fresh air flowing through our house, it felt so clean, cool, and crisp.

The kids were especially fussy today as well, so as soon as they woke up from their afternoon naps, we went outside. The kids needed to be aired out too! Their moods changed for the better and we ended up staying outside for several hours, until Jimmy got home from work.

We went for a wagon walk, ran around in the grass, played with chalk, looked for "itsy-bitsy spiders," counted worms, and collected rocks. The highlight was that Amelia finally figured out how to ride her tricycle!

I am loving and looking forward to more days like this! Spring is definitely in the air.

Yay, Alex doesn't eat chalk anymore ;0)

 
Note the leopard shoes and jacket.  This is her new favorite outfit.
 
Letter hopscotch

"Mommy, I'm relaxing. The sunshine feels warm."


 
Amelia figured out how to ride her tricycle!  We are so proud of her.
 
 
The kids love taking wagon walks around our cul da sac.
 
Who knew rocks could be so exciting.  They played here for almost 30 minutes... without fighting too!

"Mommy, this is the biggest rock!"

As soon as Jimmy got home from work, they wanted to show him their newly discovered rock collection.

No comments: