The kids went crazy in the empty field! They had so much fun just running around, going up and down the hills, crunching leaves, chasing each other, racing with me, and just being free to roam about as they pleased. They also collected leaves and Amelia was obsessed with putting them in her pockets.
We were out in the field for about an hour and then took a snack break.We sat on a bench overlooking the river. We counted houses, looked and listened for boats and birds, talked with the folks walking by, and petted dogs.
Amelia was excited to see people "exercising" as they ran by and greeted every single one of them with a hello and a cute little wave. Alex pointed to everything moving: boats, people, dogs, birds, and even moving leaves. He pointed and would scream out "dis!"
We even met a few fisherman who happily talked with Amelia about fishing. They showed us their poles and fish. They explained that there were fish in the river while Amelia sat quietly and listened. They were so nice, but I was a little weirded out when they were telling Amelia about their "dead" fish and showing her the bucket where they kept them. Later, during dinner, Amelia brought up seeing the dead fish when she was telling Jimmy about her trip to the park. Yikes!
After snack time. I thought the kids would be exhausted, but they still wanted to go to the playground. Surprisingly, they played for another hour. I didn't mind since I saw a few friends there and had some much needed adult conversation, ha ha.
At the playground, I overheard Amelia talking with another boy. They had been chasing each other on the playground. He looked to be about 4 or 5 years old:
Boy: Hi, what's your name?
Amelia: Amelia Jane Lehman. I'm two. Alex is one.
Boy: I'm Jayden. Let's play.
Amelia: Okay, okay, okay, okay!
OMG, I couldn't stop laughing.
All in all, it was a great day. It was one of those perfect, causal outings where everything fell into place and we all had fun.
Amelia checking out the field
They couldn't stop laughing when they were crunching the leafs. They loved it!
Alex's high step for leaf crunching
Hugs
"Come on Ah-Kee. Run!"
Snack time
"Mommy, I see sunshine."
I need to get Alex a pair of his own shades, ha ha
"Mommy, I don't like this."
Amelia wanted Alex to swing with her. Yeah, this lasted about ten seconds before she wanted him out!
She was able to go about three feet before she fell off. Then she said,
"Mimi, did a good job."














No comments:
Post a Comment