Thursday, February 28, 2013

Potty Progress

Amelia's progress is great.  In two weeks, I'd say she is now about 85% potty trained. 

She definitely has the peeing concept down pact.  She lets us know when she has to go and is now comfortable and quick to go.  No anxiety what so ever!  Her problem areas are staying dry overnight and she still has some anxiety about going poop. 

She has had several "away games."  The public restrooms don't seem to affect her at all, so I'm thankful for that.  When I ask her to go potty before we leave the house, she always says, "No, Mimi goes potty at the grocery store (or where ever we are going)."

As we were headed out the door to go to the library, it was apparent that she had to go.  When I asked her she said, "No, I go potty at the library."  Sure enough, Little Miss Diva held it and went as soon as we got to the library!

On the ride home, she had to go again.  I told her we would be home soon, but she insisted that we stop by the store so she could go potty there.  This is hilarious because she is just the opposite of me.  I hate public restrooms.  The same thing happened on the way to gymnastics.  She didn't go at home, but went as soon as we got to the gym, ha ha.  Maybe it's just a phase?

When I praise her for being a big girl, she responds by telling me all the places she's pottied: museum, grocery store, library, gymnastics, Roshni's house, etc.  She even told the Fort Campbell gate guard all the places she's pottied during our ID inspection.  She is hilarious.

She's also really into picking out her underwear.  She has a pair that have cupcakes all over that are her absolute favorite.  When they are not available to wear she says, "Mommy does the laundry now please!"  Then she settles for another pair.

Anyways, that's all the potty talk I have for now.  I'm loving only having to wash cloth diapers for one baby ;0)  My little girl is growing up so fast!

No comments: