Monday, January 14, 2013

Resolutions

This year, I'm being selfish.  My resolutions are all about me me me! 

My priority has and will always be my family.  I'm happy to say that my marriage and family life is going great. 

I just need to shift my focus... just a little tweak.  Taking time for myself has always made me feel guilty and I felt I didn't deserve it.  However, I am now in a different mindset and have realized that I need to experience and do things that aren't related to the kids or Jimmy.

My resolutions for 2013

1. Find a babysitter - We really really really really need this.  The only times we can have a real break is when our family from Washington (state) comes to visit us.  Other than that, the kids are always with us.

2. Schedule more "me" time -  I need to spend more time away from the kids to destress.  To do this, I decided that I want more gym time as my "me" time.  So, to better accommodate this, I switched gyms. I'm very happy with the change.  This new gym has a much better evening/weekend aerobic class schedule.  I am able to attend more classes, more frequently.  Best of all, I can attend without the hassle of switching cars and schuffling the kids around.   

3. More girls' nights - I talked with my friends about this and we decided to make this a monthly event.  We already have plans to go to Swirlz for painting and wine.

4. Go to the spa/salon every eight weeks -  Since the birth of Amelia, I think I've had four haircuts.  That is not good!  I'm now going to make a point to go to the salon/spa once every other month for a haircut and pampering.

5.  Put myself out there - I miss my DC friends so much and I haven't really found the same support system here in Tennessee.  So, instead of dwelling in the past and being sad about it, I'm going to do my best to get myself out there and create another good support system here. I'm usually really shy, but I'm really going to make an active effort to make more friends and just be more social. As uncomfortable as it may make me feel, I know I need to do this. 

I'm really hoping these small changes will make for a better, happier me ;0)


No comments: