Sunday, March 4, 2012

Milk Friendly

My six week check up went well.  I was finally cleared to go back to the gym and have been going every day since I hit the six week mark.  Sadly (but not surprisingly), I didn't bounce back as quickly as I did with Amelia.  I attribute it to the fact that I wasn't in as great a shape when I had Alex than I was with Amelia.  I was actually in the best shape of my life before I had Amelia (go figure).  Since her birth, I haven't really gotten back into a strict workout program.

I am thankful though that after three weeks, I was able to fit back into my regular clothes.  However, after six weeks, I'm still 5 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight.  That may not seem like much, but it's not just about the numbers.  My body is not okay, ha ha ha.  I have no muscle tone at all and everything seems jiggly!  I have a squishy pooch on my stomach, which causes the dreaded *gasp* muffin top over my pants.  I'm working on it, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long time until things get back to normal :(  I'm for sure several months out from a six pack!

Not only am I limited to clothing that hides the muffin top situation, my wardrobe is even more limited to only tops that are easily accessible for nursing. This makes getting dressed very frustrating.  I have whole year of nursing to go...

Jimmy and I have a formal military event to attend the last week of March, so I have to get my butt in gear to look presentable... and to fit into one of my old formal gowns, ARGH!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Give yourself a break! You are motivated and will get it done. Even with 5 extra pounds you will probably look better than most women your age there who have not had children, so relax!