Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 12

The baby is as big as a Plum!

According to the "Ultimate man guide to baby sizes" the baby is the size of a Tape Measure

This was an exciting week. I called all my family and friends and told them about our good news. It is so nice to finally share this special time with our friends and family. Everyone was surprised, happy, and excited. Most people would just say, "Finally!"

Since we've gotten older and more settled, more and more people have been pressuring us to start a family. When we told people we wanted to wait, they would just hassle us with questions about our decision. It's a question that gets asked so often, it was starting to get annoying. I'm glad we didn't give into the pressure and waited until we were ready. We're excited, happy, and ready to be parents... exactly how I wanted to feel when I got pregnant.

This week, I also finally told my supervisors at work that I am pregnant. I was really nervous to tell them because I've only been working there for 5 weeks. They were excited and very supportive, so I'm happy. I haven't told my coworkers yet, but I don't really know how to do it appropriately. However, I'm sure the rumor mill will work that problem out fairly quickly.

As you can see, I'm at week 12 and it just looks like I'm fat. My breasts are significantly larger too, but I like that. I think I've officially gained 2 pounds! I read that from here on out, I'm supposed to gain about one pound a week, yikes! I'm having to keep the top button of most of my pants unbuttoned, so I can fit into them. I'm also really getting self conscious about my muffin top situation, but I don't know how to remedy it. I'm too small for maternity clothes, but starting to get too big for my regular clothes. I just hate looking so awkward.

I still get morning sickness, but it's funny, I actually only get it in the mornings. I do notice that I'm still tired all the time, even if I get adequate sleep. I even get tired when I'm just lounging around the house! I've also noticed that my hair and nails are growing at such a fast pace. My hair is more shiny and thick now too, which is a great pregnancy symptom!

I'm missing Jimmy a lot, especially since we both work late and sleep early. We still talk every day, but it's been hard to find time to have long conversations during the busy work week. I'm just counting the days until I get to see Jimmy in April.

1 comment:

Emily Locke said...

Emily and I must have been out when you called all of your friends and family. Just kidding. If you ever want any advice, don't hesitate to call Emily (I apparently have no advice to give on being pregnant). Congratulations again!