Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, mother-in-law, and Julie! I have the best family :0) I can't wait to see you all in just a few weeks.

Jimmy had to work for a few hours in the morning on Saturday and today, so I am enjoying a nice quiet morning by myself. I woke up at 7:00am and finished a book I was reading and now I'm about to make myself some breakfast. Jimmy should be back around 11:00 and then we're going for trail run.

Last week, I started taking a cardio kick-boxing class. It's pretty crazy, but a great workout, so I'm going to add it into my weekly workout schedule. Pilates is still going great for me and I'm starting to really notice a change in my skill level, so it's very exciting.

Work for me has been very busy! They recently laid off 5 government contractors, so my program lost an employee. So it's just 2 of us running the program instead of 3. It's not only hard because of all the extra work, but Nikki was a great friend of mine too. I actually saw her as more of a friend than a co-worker. It's been a tough change for me. We still hang out socially, but it's not the same :( I'm used to having her around all day at work... it was like working with your best friend!

Jimmy and I are so looking forward to our upcoming trip to Washington! We are excited to see Julie's wedding and catch up with family and friends... only 12 more days!

No comments: