Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Career change?

Jimmy and I had another great weekend full of sunshine and 85 degree weather! We had a date night on Saturday and went for dinner and a movie. We watched the movie Adventureland. The movie was okay, but watching it made me want to quit my job and get crappy minimum wage job somewhere so I could meet cool/funny/crazy people and not have any responsibilities! Right now, I'm the youngest person at work and most of the people I work with are 20-30 years older than me. They are all nice people, but I long for more interaction with people closer to my age.

Last Sunday, Jimmy and I went on a trail run at James River Park. Jimmy was nice enough to run at a slower pace and I was able to keep up pretty well. It was beautiful and the trails were fun. I almost tripped on a few roots and I landed funny on a rock, but I made it through the run with no injuries. I am REALLY clumsy, so that was my main concern. Jimmy is doing 21K trail run in June, so he is practicing for that. We plan to do a trail run every Sunday as part of Jimmy's training.

While I was at work on Monday, there were tornadoes in our area, so we had to implement our tornado action plan. The sirens on the base were blasting and we had to shut ourselves (all staff and clients) in a small room with no windows. It was pretty intense, but ended after about 15-20 minutes. I was most worried about my car and the "penny sized hail" that had fallen, but I was happy to see that my car had very few scratches after the storm :0)

No comments: