Currently, I would describe our day to day as "manageable chaos" with Jimmy's unpredictable work schedule, a three and four year old, and three cats. Both our families live in Washington, so we have very little support. I can't imagine how crazy it's going to get adding a newborn to the mix!
We had thought about keeping our family at two kids, but after a while, we just didn't feel complete. We knew in our hearts that we wanted another. Jimmy and I both come from a family of five, so I'm thinking that has a lot to do with how we feel. I was definitely starting to get baby fever, so this pregnancy had good timing!
First of all, this was a planned pregnancy. I only mention that because people always ask or wonder. Due to my age, we gave ourselves a timeline. If we were going to have another baby, my preference was to give birth before I turned 35. We already have two awesome kids and if we were meant to have another then it was meant to be. In my mind I wanted another, but knew if it didn't happen, life would be just as great. Well, I will turn 35 three weeks after this baby is due. He/she came right in time!
What also makes this pregnancy special was the fact that Jimmy was the first to find out! I was a few days late on my cycle, but I just didn't intuitively feel pregnant. I honestly thought nothing of it. I didn't think I was pregnant at all. Jimmy, on the other hand, felt differently. He kept telling me that I was. I asked Jimmy to bring home a test, just to be sure.
On the evening of December 9th, I took the test and left the bathroom for the three minute wait. For whatever reason, it was then that I got really nervous! I asked Jimmy to go in there to check. It was positive! We hugged. We cried. It was such a special moment and I'm glad Jimmy was present to enjoy the excitement of it.
This baby will probably be our last, so I am trying to relish this potential last pregnancy and all the feelings that go along with it. It's definitely going to be very special and emotional this time around because I will know these milestones, with the pregnancy and as the baby grows, will likely be my last.
I've showed the kids some pictures of me when I was pregnant with each of them. They seem to understand that there is a baby in my belly and that it will continue to grow and grow. We were at the library and they pointed out a very pregnant woman. They asked if my belly was going to get that big. When I told them it would, they freaked out and couldn't stop giggling. They thought it was the funniest thing.
I know that Amelia and Alex will be such caring older siblings. They are so close to each other and already have such an intense sibling bond, so I know they will welcome another addition to our family... eventually ;0)
Amelia is obsessed with the baby and my belly right now. She really wants a little sister and wants to name her either Nikki Minaj (pop singer) or Sophia (from the show Sophia the First). Amelia is so sweet. She constantly wants to hug and kiss my belly. She always says bye to the baby when I drop her off from preschool and needs to say goodnight before bed.
Alex does the same things, although I think a lot of his actions are mimicking his older sister. Not surprisingly, Alex is hoping for a little brother. He also seems to think that Jimmy has a baby in his belly too. Hmmmm, I wonder why?? Ha ha. At one point, Alex kept telling us he also had a baby growing in his "bootie" and proudly pointed to his bottom.
Jimmy is such a family man. Anybody that spends time with our family knows that Jimmy is very involved and hands on with Amelia and Alex. I appreciate and love that he is genuinely a great father. There isn't anything I do for the kids that he doesn't know how to do himself (besides breastfeeding, ha ha). I just feel so so lucky. I think he's more ready for this third baby than I am!
I'm well into my second trimester and my belly has definitely popped. My immediate family has known since my first positive test, but it's been fun telling extended family and friends the past few weeks.
After my first appointment, my official due date is August 16th. Yes, Amelia will never forgive us because her birthday is August 20th. From now on, she'll have to share the birthday spotlight with her sibling, ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment