Sunday, January 19, 2014

Two Cool

I know every parent says it on their child's birthday, but....

I can't believe Alex is two years old.  It has been slowly sinking in, but today it felt real.  Someone asked me how old he was.  I hesitated for a moment, but then I said it.  "He's two."

It's official.  We updated his door with the #2

Alex is still definitely a mamma's boy.  In his defense, it's totally my fault.  I do admit to babying him.  I just can't help it because, well, he IS my baby!  As much as I hate to confess it, he is still nursing.  He only nurses once or twice a day and I'm totally fine with it.  We will continue until one of us gets sick of it, ha ha.

Alex is such a sweet and loving little boy.  He gives the best hugs because he pulls you in so tight and pats your back.  He always kisses on the lips, and has the freaking cutest dimple on his left cheek.  He has the most contagious deep giggle and once he gets going, it's hard to get him to stop.

Like most boys his age, he's really into dinosaurs, trains, cars, helicopters, planes, robots, boats, and anything construction related.  He loves to roughhouse, destroy things, run, jump, and screams for the sake of screaming.  However, because of Mimi's influence, he can also correctly identify every single Disney Princess, set up a proper tea party, and walk in heels.  He's a well rounded kind of kid.

He is pretty much talking non-stop at this point, but my absolute favorite thing he says is "cool."  He uses it so perfectly and he's just so casual about it when he says it.  I love it.  For example, he'll make a huge Lego tower, step back to admire it and just say "cooooool" while nodding his head like a old dude bra living in Hawaii.  

I would also describe Alex as shy.  Most times, he gets nervous around new people.  He pretends not to see them or closes his eyes and pulls me close.  He usually hangs around me for a while and then slowly warms up to new environments and people.  However, once he gets comfortable, he's back to his usual crazy self.

Alex is growing up so fast.  His personality is really starting to blossom and I'm so excited to see what type of person he will grow into.  Happy birthday Alex!




No comments: