Monday, June 13, 2011

A Rough Start

We have been on vacation this past week.  Jimmy's parents and his sister's family made the cross-country trek from Washington (state) to visit us.

We had a little bit of a rough start to our vacation.  On the day that everyone arrived, I had to go to the emergency room.  I was having sharp pains on my right side and was in the ER for about 10 hours.  I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst.  What sucks is that they couldn't give me any pain medication because I'm still breastfeeding.  I basically had to deal with the pain for the rest of the week :( 

The next morning, we had planned a day at the park.  However, when we got to the rental van, we had realized it was towed!

Needless to say, nothing else major happened during our vacation.  I guess it was pretty fortunate that everything bad happened within the first 24 hours!  We spent one day touring the National Mall and then spent the rest of the week at a beach house at the Outer Banks.

No comments: