Well, it's been about two months since I've officially been a stay-at-home-mom. It's surprisingly been an easy transition. I thought I would be super depressed from leaving my job and the workforce, but I'm not! Even though I only worked part-time, the extra two days at home and complete removal of the work stress, has made a huge, positive difference.
However, here are the things I miss most about working:
Work friends
Using my brain and feeling smart, ha ha ha
Getting dressed up
Wearing my hair down
Work gossip and drama!!
Lunch with coworkers
New office supplies
Work related conversations
I love it that I can focus all my time and energy on our family. However, at times, it can be very exhausting and difficult to take care of Amelia- especially when she's having a bad day. Sometimes, when she's really crabby, I desperately count the hours and minutes until Jimmy gets home! It's totally worth it though and in the end, I'm happy, Jimmy is happy and most importantly, Amelia is happy.
I am so amazed at how fast she is growing. People always talk about how babies grow so fast, but until you actually experience it for yourself, you don't really know what they mean. She is so curious and it's incredible to see her experience things for the first time. Now that she's mobile, she wants explore and gets into whatever she can.
I am so enjoying this new phase in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment