Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Run Mary, Run!

Before Amelia was born, I worked out for at least 7 hours a week.  I did kick-boxing, Pilates, Step, and ran.  I went to the gym religiously and it was a big part of my life.  I had always told myself that I would never be one of those people that let exercising go by the wayside once they had a child.  Sadly, I had become exactly that. 

Fortunately, I was able to lose all the baby weight without exercising.  Yay, for breastfeeding!  Now, I actually weigh 6 pounds less than my pre-baby weight.  It sounds impressive, but it actuality, it's not. I've lost most of my muscle mass, so I'm not toned at all... just jiggly. *TMI warning* My butt is the worst... it's so flat! To make matters worse, I have my c-section scar and nasty stretch marks all over my stomach and thighs. It's not a pretty picture :( I also get winded when I walk up stairs!

Post baby, I had a million excuses not to exercise:  too busy, no childcare, too tired, etc.  I admit that I probably could have worked something out to fit in some time, but I was just too lazy!

But things they are a changing... Now that we have the jogging stroller, I'm able to take Amelia with me for runs.  No more excuses.  I will still really miss going to fitness classes, but this will have to do for now.  (I'm not much of a runner.)

I went for my first post-baby run yesterday and it was brutal.  I did a 3.7 mile run route that begins and ends with hills!  I am soooooo out of shape; it's sad.  I also have to get used to pushing the stroller and running without feeling awkward. 

I'm hoping this will be a good start to get me back into shape.  I just need to stick with it...

No comments: