Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to the best mom ever!  I have always been thankful for my mom and all that she's done for me.  She is a great role model and I am blessed to have learned from the best.  Now that I'm a mom, I truly and sincerely appreciate my mom much more! 

My mom and I (Amelia is in my belly!)

My mom, Amelia's Lola

Of course, I can't talk about appreciating mothers without mentioning Jimmy's mom, Nancy!  She has been in my life since I was 15, so she has been definitely been like a second mother to me.  I am so thankful and lucky to have such a close relationship with my mother-in-law.  I am also thankful that she raised such a wonderful son, who has grown to be a loving husband and caring dad.


My first Mother's Day

I love you Amelia and thank you for making me a mom!
"Having you to love is reason enough to celebrate... but now that it's Mother's Day, there all the more reason."

I got to celebrate Mother's Day all weekend.  On Friday, I went to a Mother's Day brunch with my friends.  It was fun because there were 12 of us in the restaurant and we all had babies under the age of one.  We got lots of stares and visitors.  Amelia had a blast hanging out with her friends too... until it was nap time and she had a meltdown!

Since we knew the weather was going to be rainy on Sunday, we celebrated on Saturday and went for a walk along the Sligo Creek Trail.  During one of Jimmy's runs, he found a playground shaped like a pirate ship, so during our walk we took Amelia there to play.  For dinner, we also ordered take out from one of my favorite places, Crisp and Juicy, which has the BEST Peruvian chicken, ever. 


I slept in until 10am of Sunday and it was awesome!  Later in the day, Amelia and Jimmy took me to the mall for a Mother's Day shopping spree since I am in dire need of casual clothes.  However, we went during Amelia's nap time, which was a bad idea, and we had to leave early since she had a meltdown, ha ha ha.  Overall, I'd say it was a memorable Mother's Day weekend!  (I hope I get to celebrate all weekend next year too.)  

No comments: