Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Amelia's First Outing... Walter Reed

Amelia's first venture outside the apartment after coming home from the hospital was to a medical appointment at Walter Reed Army Medical Center on Wednesday. We just barely made it on time... it takes much longer to get out of the house with a 5 day old baby!

She is healthy and happy and the appointment went very well.  Her pediatrician is awesome.  She's now down to 5 lbs, 5 oz, but she's within normal range, so her weight is fine.  She started to get fussy because she was hungry, so I had my first public breastfeeding situation.  I felt a little awkward, but I guess it's something I'll have to get used to!  Since Jimmy works at Walter Reed, we headed to the laboratory after her appointment to introduce Amelia to Jimmy's colleagues. 

So far, so good.  Amelia loves her car seat. 
We hope she keeps this up!





No comments: