Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Day

Opening gifts!


Jimmy LOVES Taylor Swift


New PJ's!!!!! I might actually have to retire my ugly teal and pink plaid pajama pants I've had since college!
Jimmy's new shirt


New socks! Thanks Mom! Both pair are actually mine, but Jimmy mistakenly thought the gray ones belonged to him. He was disappointed when I told him they were girl socks. However, he borrowed them once already!


This gift was from my sister to "StinkyTard." I started opening it, thinking it was for me, but it was actually for my brother. Steven is the StinkyTard, not me!!!

StinkyTard's gift... Steven's trying to learn Chinese before his trip to China

We have been so very blessed in so many ways this year, it has been overwhelming and we are very thankful for everything. Besides being so far from our family and friends, we have such a great life and never want to take that for granted.

Jimmy and I had so much fun at Christmas this year! We decided to keep things simple and just got one gift for each other. Jimmy got me a bracelet (from my new favorite website etsy.com) and I got Jimmy's tint fixed on his truck.

Jimmy and I hosted our first Christmas gathering this year. We had Steven, Tyson, and Rayne over to hang out and had such a fun day! Everyone sang karaoke and we had crazy, hilarious singing competitions. The power ballads and rap songs are the most fun songs to sing. The boys played a heated game of Risk, which surprisingly ended well, with no hurt feelings, ha ha ha. We also had Nintendo Wii competitions, watched a movie, and opened presents. Tyson got us a cat puzzle, so we all worked on that together too. There is nothing else to say other than it was such a good day... one that I will never forget! It is so wonderful to have my brother around during the holidays. Since he's moved here, we are able to spend so much quality time together.

Karaoke


Risk


Big Brain Academy Competition


Jimmy made a delicious Christmas dinner of Cornish Game Hens and I made a broccoli casserole so the boys would have a midnight snack. Jimmy was able to get get my favorite cake, red velvet, from my favorite bakery so I was very excited about that... I think I ate about half of it myself! We ate and ate and ate ALL day! I must have gained at least 5 pounds on Christmas.


Jimmy prepping the hens

No comments: