Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cul De Sac Love

We have definitely grown out of our little house, which is just one room larger (about 200 sq ft) than our old apartment in DC.  The thought of moving on to a bigger home is very appealing to us, but there are so many things that keep us here.

One of the main reasons that keeps us here is friendships.  Our neighbors are awesome.  We know and trust everyone in our cul de sac. I would consider some of them them close friends. They always keep us posted about everything going on in the neighborhood and keep a look out for us.  It just makes me feel safe.  Our house is also owned by our close friends so that is also a big factor.  

Now that the kids are older and playing outside every day, I'm starting to realize another reason I never want to leave.  The neighborhood kids in our cul de sac are awesome!  They are all elementary and middle school aged, but are so kind and friendly. They include Amelia and Alex in their games and adventures and genuinely want to play with them.  It brings me such joy when I hear the doorbell ring and see a group of kids asking if Amelia and Alex can come out to play!   

Jimmy and I fill with pride and excitement when we see our little toddlers keeping up with the big kids, playing games like kickball and red light-green light.  They run, role play, giggle, and get dirty.  It's the kind of suburban childhood I had always wanted my kids to experience.
   
I had my phone outside with me today, so took a few shots of the kiddos...

Post-nap snack time had to be eaten outside since all their friends were out there already

Chalk time in our driveway


Awww, look what all the kids made for us

Double knee scrape today  :(

No comments: