Amelia and Alex were sick for ten days. Ten long, sleepless, stinky, stressful days. My poor, poor, babies. They were so miserable. At one point, the kids couldn't even drink water without getting sick. It started as the stomach flu and they just got worse and worse. These past ten days have been a complete nightmare.
Highlights...
Alex threw up three times in Mimi's preschool classroom in the short time it took to drop her off.
I got pulled over for speeding, but only got a warning. The police officer took pity on me when saw that Alex had thrown up all over himself and his car seat. He even pointed out that the throw up had gotten as far as the dashboard.
With two sick kids, I ran out of Tylenol in the middle of the night. My neighbor was nice enough to bring over some from her home.
A seven hour trip to the ER which included Amelia throwing up in the waiting room twice and Alex having a diaper blowout.
A desperate, sob filled phone call to a pediatrician friend in an attempt to avert yet another trip to the ER.
I got sick too :/
**I THOUGHT the kids were feeling better, so I decided to follow through with our travel plans to fly 11 hours to Washington (state) to visit family.**
Airplane Travel highlights...
I forgot the adapter for the second seat of the double stroller, so only had a single stroller for travelling. With two cranky, sick kids, it was not good. My stroller was also broken when I picked it up from the gate check in Denver.
Amelia had diarrhea the whole plane trip. Think about it. Logistical nightmare. Stressed out toddler.
While we were waiting for our connecting flight in Denver, Alex threw up all over himself and me. He had a change of clothes, but I did not pack one for myself. I had to sit on a plane for 3 hours covered in dried puke.
In Washington...
Amelia continued to throw up at my parents' house.
I had to take Alex to the doctor here in Washington. On top of the virus he was fighting, it turns out he also had a double ear infection.
My mom and dad got sick a few days after we arrived here with the same symptoms as the kids.
Thankfully, the kids are almost completely better. Hopefully they didn't infect any other family members, but only time will tell...




No comments:
Post a Comment