I went to a Walter Reed Auxiliary (Spouses Club) wine tasting event last night. Jimmy was nice enough to stay home and watch Amelia so I could go out. Since I'm still breastfeeding, I only had one glass of champange and a small taste of wine, but I'm not much of a drinker anyway.
I was super nervous becasue it was my first spouse club event, and if you're familiar with the dynamics of military wives, I felt like I was walking into a lion's den, ha ha ha. Thankfully, I went with two other members I already knew, so it wasn't so bad. I met a lot of cool people.
I was heavily involved with the spouses club at Fort Lee, so I wanted to get back into it here at Walter Reed. Since we don't live on post, this is also a good way for me to meet other military spouses. I was immediately recruited to be on the Board of Directors because of my experience at Fort Lee and I think I'm going to take them up on their offer.
ANYWAYS, the best part of the evening was that there were 16 raffle prizes and I won three of them! In addition, I won a door prize! The best part about it, is that I only spent $10 on raffle tickets and won over $1,000 worth of prizes!!!! Here's the stuff I won:
Door Prize:
1 free night at a Rehoboth Beach Hotel
Raffle Prizes:
1. $75 gift card for Eat Well DC & a gift basket of cooking spices
2. 1 free night at a Bethesda hotel, 2 ticktes to a show at GW Lisner, and dinner for 2 at 14K Restaurant & Lounge
3. 2 nights at Mountian Lake Resort, meals included... Mountain Lake is where they filmed Dirty Dancing! http://www.mountainlakehotel.com/
OMG, I'm so excited ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment