Friday, June 18, 2010

The Locke Hoff Family

We didn't want to pay the fatty $22 the Aquarium was charging for one picture. I decided to be "ghetto" and just take a picture of the picture from the computer ;0)  It's too bad little Abe was sleeping, otherwise, it would have been a great group photo! 

We finally got to meet Abe!  What a cutie!  He'll be just about 1 year older than Amelia. 
We are hoping Abe and Amelia will be friends if/when they go to Whitman College.  Half of Whitman students marry another Whitman student...hmmmmm

Jimmy already posted a blog about Neil, Emily, and Abe's visit, but I just wanted to add that it was so awesome to see them!  Neil and Emily went to college with Jimmy and I at Whitman.  They have been living in Alaska for the past few years and we've been on the East Coast, so it's been hard to meet up.  You know you have true, genuine friendships with people when time and distance doesn't change anything.  Seeing them was so refreshing and it was just like the "good old days."  We had so much fun! 

I know, in the future, we'll all end up back in Washington (state) with our kids where we will surely meet up for Mariner's games and play many games Settlers of Catan. 

2 comments:

Emily Locke said...

Ha! I like your gheto version of the photo. We all had such a great time see you two (and a half). It will be fun to have Abe and Mia meet next time we're together! ps. how many games of settler's has jimmy played so far?

Mary said...

As I correctly predicted, Jimmy is obsessed with the game. He plays it online at least 2-3 times a day!