Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

This year, Christmas was very different for us.  Having just moved to DC a week before Christmas, we didn't really have time to put up our Christmas tree and decorate the house.  It was too depressing without the holiday decor, so I decided to pull out some ornaments and the tree skirt and decorate our plant.  I thought it turned out cute and it was the perfect place to put our gifts.



Since we didn't have a tree this year, Jimmy was nice enough to take me to the National Christmas Tree in front of the White House.  It was really neat, especially since there was tons of snow in the National Mall area and it was beautiful, cold, but beautiful. 

I love the giant menorah!




Jimmy and the National Christmas Tree



Up close... I'm assuming it looks better at night with all the lights on

Jimmy by the Washington (state) Christmas tree



View of the Capital from the Washington Monument

I was COLD!

The snow was very pretty.  Here's a view of the Lincoln Memorial from the Washington Monument.


No comments: