We found out last week that not only are we moving to Washington DC, but we have to be there in 3 weeks! We are very excited, but still in shock. Jimmy's first day of work will be 23 Nov. It's hard to believe we will be living in DC before Thanksgiving!
We got orders to Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Jimmy will be working in the laboratory of the main hospital. Since we've heard nightmares about traffic and commuting, we have decided to (*gasp*) live in the city.
We want to live within 1-2 blocks from a Metro Station, so that the city will be easily accessible to us. Walter Reed has a Metro stop within walking distance, so Jimmy doesn't have to drive to work. We've narrowed our search to apartments on the Red Line near Wheaton, Silver Springs, and Rockville. We're taking the day off tomorrow to go apartment hunting.
As for me, I'm on the hunt for a job again. I hope that I can stay with ACS and get a similar position in DC. I have a few leads, but the job market is not so good, so it may take me a while to find a job.
It's going to be a big change from Fort Lee and we hope that we'll enjoy living in the city. I never thought we would ever have to live in an apartment again, but I know it will be totally worth it. If you know Jimmy, he hates traffic and I hate driving in general ;0)
Our hope is that maybe more people will visit us! Though it's only 2 hours north from where we are now, more cities in the Northeast will be more accessible. I will add that we were initially disappointed because we were hoping to get closer to home. I guess the Army had other plans for us! Hopefully, SOMEDAY we'll end up somewhere in the West, but for now please come visit us in DC ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment