Although we've been at Fort Lee for more than 2 years, I finally decided to get involved with the Fort Lee Area Spouses Club (FLASC). I guess it can be described as a social club for Army wives. I never thought I would be the type of "Army wife" that would participate in an organization like that, but have been pleasantly surprised so far. I'm now on the Board of Directors as the Scholarship Committee Chairperson, so I'm excited and ready to get more involved. I just hope I'm not spreading myself too thin with too many volunteer projects. What's cool is that I'm heavily involved with the Holiday Helper Program and since FLASC is a sponsor, the overlap will be a benefit for me.
I helped out with a Charity Golf Tournament for our Holiday Helper Program this month. I had fun, but it was very hot and humid. I've never been golfing before, but decided that the only thing I like about golf is riding around in the golf cart and the cute outfits you get to wear ;0) I didn't golf, but a friend and I drove around in a golf cart for about an hour; it was fun!
This is Phil and I after the ribbon cutting at a new building. I was "in charge" of the ever important gold scissors for the ribbon cutting ceremony so I decided to give him a haircut. Phil is the marketing guy that got Jimmy and I on the cover of the magazine.

The organization I work for has many programs to support Soldiers and their Families. One such program is the New Parent Support Program and they teach seminars on parenting, host playgroups and story time, etc. Anyways, they recently acquired an "Empathy Belly." My friends decided it would be fun for me to try it on! I'm not sure how much it weighed, but I looked like I was 9 months pregnant. It even had giant boob attachments! It was heavy and my back hurt only after about 15 minutes of wearing it around the office.

No comments:
Post a Comment