Monday, June 15, 2009

Organization Day aka Company BBQ

Me and Diana enjoying the game.


Mary and I just finished eating.




A horrific game of horseshoes.



A few weeks ago the clinic I work at had its annual Organization Day. This pretty much amounts to a company BBQ. Normally it is at a park or a lake or other recreation spot. This year it was at the Hideaway, a park on the base. It had a luau theme and there was roughly 200 people there. A local BBQ place catered, but the food wasn't that good. The year prior they just cooked their own hamburgers and hot dogs and I would have been fine with that again this year.


Mary and I joined in the festivities with a couple games of horseshoes. I hadn't played since I was little and it definately showed. We also played the game where you throw waterballons back and forth until one breaks, which ultimately turned into a waterballoon fight. I ended up getting blasted by a girl that was trying to hit some guy behind me.


I figured the BBQ was about over at that point, but then a lady I work with pulled me on the dance floor to teach me the Cupid Shuffle and the Cha-Cha. I ended up being an instant hit with the older ladies. It was definately much easier to "dance by number" as I call it then try and make stuff up on your own.

The Cupid Shuffle ala Jimmy

No comments: