Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Fun!

I can't believe we only have 2 more weeks until Christmas! Recently, the weather in Virginia has gotten very cold. We haven't had any snow, but it's just freezing outside! I don't like the cold weather because I can't wear skirts and I HATE wearing pants... oh well, what can you do??

On Friday, we went out to one of our favorite restaurants, The Tobacco Company, with some friends and had a good time! We were celebrating Jimmy and Frank's upcoming promotions and our 6 year wedding anniversary is on Sunday. We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for!

Here's a picture of Jimmy and Frank. Frank and his family have been good friends of ours for a long time. When we were stationed at Fort Sam, the two of them were deployed to Iraq together in 2005. Frank moved to Fort Lee and then we ended up there too!


I have been very involved with a program called Holiday Helper. It's a program that provides toys to children of Soldiers. Jimmy was helping me unload some toy donations and we had some fun trying to ride this little bike. Needless to say, I was more successful at riding it than Jimmy was :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy... flip flops and shorts in December?? Is that what he meant by "getting back to his Whitman roots"?

Mary said...

Yeah, it was in the 30's that day!

Jimmy said...

I'm just keeping it real. It's a North Face shirt by the way. Very Whitman.